Saturday, September 1, 2012

NYC Diaries - Woodbury Common


Having heard mixed reviews (more good than bad) about Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, I decided to make it my first shopping destination. There was a strategic reason to it, for 31 August, Friday marked the commencement of the Labour Day weekend sale... when they give additional discounts. Here's a look at why it was worthwhile to head out there, along with some shopping tips.


#1 - Go online and register for the VIP Club
As a VIP, you can print out a coupon to redeem the complimentary coupon book (pictured) that is being sold on site for US$10. In there, you will find loads of discount coupons that can save you some serious money. I used some of the coupons and I think my total savings on my shopping was about US$200. It is totally worth it, so remember to do so. As a VIP member, you also get access to print special coupons that offer better discounts not found in the generic coupon book.


#2 - Getting there
If you can, the best option is to drive there in a rental car (from US$100). However, you need a GPS to guide you. Even with the help of the GPS, we made a couple of wrong turns. Shopping at Woodbury is tiring, and it helps to have the car as a "personal locker" to drop off the loot from time to time to ensure as much hands-free moments to scour for the best bargains. If driving is not an option, you can take the coach (US$42 return) or book a private car (from US$208 one way).


#3 - Get a map
The first thing you should do when you arrive is to head to the information counter to redeem your coupon book and get a copy of the map. This place is huge and you can literally shop till you drop. Strategise and head to the key areas of your interests first.


#4 - Some of the stores I checked out
Polo Ralph Lauren
If you are a fan of the polo shirts, you will be happy to know that you can get a huge variety at substantial savings. Lots of style for men, women and kids. Definitely worth checking out. I got myself a crested polo at US$75 and a crested white shirt at US$55 (before discount coupon)!


Tom Ford
The first and only Tom Ford outlet store in the world! You get fresh new collections here, with the recent S/S 2012! I got myself a pair of shoes for US$230 and a tuxedo shirt (pictured) for US$350. A steal if you know the regular prices of Tom Ford items.


Balenciaga
Check out everything here. Bags and shoes are a must, and ready-to-where optional. I scored these 'Arena' wedges for US$435. The usual retail price is US$735, that is if you can even find these in the regular boutiques.


DVF
Great savings on DVF dresses can be found at the DVF boutique, as well as Saks and Neiman Marcus outlets. I got the 'Jafar' dress (pictured) at US$170 and another cotton shirt dress at US$50.


La Perla
If expensive Italian lingerie is your thing, you must check out the La Perla store. Great savings of 30-70%. I even found what I was looking for... a pair of feather gloves (pictured) from the A/W 11 collection. Not many people know that La Perla has some cool accessories that are some serious fashion statements.

Woodbury Commons is definitely a must-visit if you can afford the time. Do spend a day there so you can check out all the stores. I got there at 11am and left at 6.30pm. Besides the designer items that I managed to snag, I also managed to get lots of staple items from Gap, a Rimowa luggage (US$570), and a pair of Nike trainers (US$49.99), among other stuff.

For the full listing of stores and more information, please visit www.premiumoutlets.com



No comments:

Post a Comment