Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ritz-Carlton - The Pinnacle of Hong Kong



I once said that I will never ever stay in Kowloon when I visit Hong Kong. The adage "never says never" is true, for now I eat my own words as I write this blog entry from the highest hotel in the world.

No stranger to Hong Kong (my favourite Asian city besides Singapore), I decided that I will venture to the "other" side this time and stay in Kowloon. Why? All because I wanted to experience The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong.


Opened in March 2011, this one-year-old plus hotel offers design and style that are taken literally to new heights. Occupying the 102th - 118th floor of the International Commerce Centre (ICC), it is linked to Kowloon station and Elements Mall.


The hotel offers 312 guest rooms on 106th - 117th floor in various categories that all provide spectacular city and harbour views. Starting at 50sqm for a Deluxe Room and up to 365 sqm for the magnificent Ritz-Carlton Suite.


The hotel entrance and arrival lobby is located on the 9th floor. I love the bright and airy atmosphere. Done up in a luxe manner but with a touch of warmth.


Guests are transferred to the hotel lobby located on the 103rd floor in just 52 seconds by taking the dedicated elevators.


Yours truly was upgraded to a Club Harbour Island Room and gets to enjoy Club Lounge privileges, which include personalised concierge service and complimentary food and beverages.


Our room with a spectacular view of Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, Victoria Harbour and Harbour City. I do find myself amongst the clouds at times.


Located on the 116th floor, the Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge features floor-to-ceiling windows that offer impressive panoramic views of the city and Victoria Harbour.

I will be exploring the hotel over the next few days of my stay. Can't wait to swim in the stunning swimming pool, get a massage at the ESPA spa, have dim sum at the one-star Michelin Tin Lung Heen, savour Southern Italian cuisine at TOSCA, and have cocktails at Ozone - the highest bar in the world. Do check back daily for in-depth reviews and find out why you stay at this magnificent hotel the next time you are in Hong Kong.


In the meantime, I shall retire to bed now with my husband and our new furry friend, a gift from the "ladies and gentlemen" here at The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong.

For more information, please visit www.ritzcarlton.com


No comments:

Post a Comment