Monday, November 7, 2011

Open Door Policy




This is one restaurant set up for success. Open Door Policy (ODP for short) is a venture between the Spa Esprit Group, Tippling Club and 40 Hands. I checked out ODP during its third week of operations and the place was running a full-house service. Impressive!


Located at the quaint neighborhood of Yong Siak Street in Tiong Bahru, this newly opened bistro offers comfort food at comforting prices.


The arrival of ODP will signal a gradual transformation to this neighborhood. I am sure more trendy outlets will be springing up here soon.


If you have been to Barracks@Dempsey, the big sister resto to ODP, you can see the similarities in the design touches. Modern, rustic with old school charm.


I love the ceiling and the dining counter seats. I personally think it is the best section to sit if you are dining alone or with a friend or two.


The counter seating area is where you can see the chefs in action.


I am quite impressed with what they have done with the layout. A long and narrow space is never easy to work with, but ODP seems cosy without being claustrophobic.




When I saw the menu, I can't help but smile. The menu reminded me of the notebooks that school teachers used to have in the good old days.


Chef Ryan Clift of Tippling Club designed the menu and put together a modern bistro fare with a rustic twist. Let's take a look...

Flamed tuna carpaccio with radish and yuzu salad - S$19


Watercress soup with soft poached hen's egg - S$12


Four-bean sourdough bruschetta with mint dressing - S$16


48-hour cooked braised beef cheek - S$29


Wild mushroom risotto with truffle crumbs - S$22


I wished I had tummy space to try the desserts, but I was simply too full. I opted for a coffee instead. Coffee is managed by 40Hands, so you can expect a good cuppa. I love the quirky way that they served raw sugar... in a brown medicine bottle.


Every single dish I ordered was amazing. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. Do remember to make a reservation in advance or risk being turned away at the door. The chances of them running a full house is highly possible.


For more information, please visit www.odpsingapore.com


No comments:

Post a Comment