Thursday, November 17, 2011

Insider At Versace x H&M NYC Launch



The frenzy will begin in a couple of hours, with throngs of people queuing up outside H&M stores worldwide, all wanting a piece of Versace for H&M.

I count my fashion blessings as I was one of the 500 specially invited guests to enter the world of Versace x H&M in New York on 8th November. Most media have already reported about the amazing events, published pics of celebrities and even broadcasted the fashion show. What Style Canvas shares with you will be what I have seen and experienced at the event...


Hand delivered invitation came in the form of a beautiful box containing a black envelope embossed in gold and a limited edition scarf wrapped in tissue.


The event took place at a specially designed building on the Hudson River. My seat at the to-die-for fashion show was Ca30. Little did I know then that I will be seated with some of the biggest Hollywood stars.

For this amazing event, I wore my Christophe Kane dress and had my hair and makeup done at Frederic Fekkai. If you are expecting me to post pictures of myself taken with celebrities, I am sorry to disappoint you. It is just not cool (nor my style) to go around asking people to take pics with me. Everyone at the party was cool, so I shall keep it that way. However, I offer the goss...


The view from my seat. Helena Christensen and Blake Lively were seated near me. It was rather surreal to have her just centimeters away. Across from us, I spied Chace Crawford and Jessica Alba.


This was how close I was to Blake Lively. I couldn't take a pic of her front view from where I was seated.


Here's the front view of Blake and Helena. I was just two rows behind them, with my back facing them as I was front row on the other side of the well designed runway. Unbelievable!


Here, you can have a better view of Chace and Jessica. I was face to face with Chace at the cocktail reception and I can tell you that he is as gorgeous in person as he is on screen.


Jessica Alba is really pretty but shorter than I expected. I know because I stood next to her at the cocktail reception. However, she is really nice and friendly in person. Not snooty at all. Very likeable.


Blake Lively is one gorgeous sunshine girl, just like her character in Gossip Girl. Seeing her is like being in one of the scenes of Gossip Girl. She has amazing long blonde hair.


When I saw this woman, I was wondering why anyone would wear a leather trench coat. Upon closer look, I realised she is Linda Evangelista! She looks good for her age but seems to "have gone a little too much under the knife". In my opinion, she should have worn a dress that shows off her figure instead.


Donatella Versace rocked her dress. Kudos to her for an amazing collection she did for H&M. In my opinion, it was even better than the Lanvin collection. More on that in the next entry. Next to her is Nicki Minaj, who performed at the after-show party. I stood right in front of the stage but I totally do not understand her style of music. Bummer.


Last but not least, PRINCE! This man is ageless! Loved the suit he wore for the fashion show. A true pop royalty!


PRINCE rocked the crowd after Nicki Minaj's performance at the after-show party. By this time, I had forsaken my first row position in front of the stage and moved to join the queue for the pop-up store. It was almost midnight by the time he ended the performance. I was exhausted but was all ready to shop the Versace for H&M collection among the frenzied fashion crowd!





No comments:

Post a Comment