Friday, September 23, 2011

28Black - The New Source Of Energy





Thinking about the upcoming F1 weekend is an exhausting thought. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I will be catching up with friends over 3 nights of F1-related parties and events. But, I seriously don't remember the last time I did 3 nights of back-to-back partying.

I need some energy boost this weekend and the good marketing peeps at 28Black sent me a carton of their new energy drink to sample. If you haven't heard of it yet, it is because the official launch will be on 30 September.


What's 28 Black?

28BLACK is the first natural energy drinks made with açaí berry (the berry that is all the rage with health enthusiasts like me).


How do you drink it?


It has to be served chilled. Either on its own or with ice.


As a mocktail...


...or as a mixer to your favourite white spirits.


The Highs

With açaí berry as the principal ingredient, 28BLACK does not have the synthetic sugary taste but a nice natural fruity taste. Kinda similar to sparkling Ribena, but it gives you the energy boost. It is also a more natural choice compared to other energy drinks on the market, as it does not contain taurine, artificial flavors, artificial colors, and preservatives.


The caffeine used in 28Black is derived from the Guarana plant. Unlike regular caffeine, it is deployed slowly, thus lasting significantly longer. It is also believed that the plant has detoxifying effects and aids in weight loss.


Sugar is the source of energy and 28Black uses isomaltulose. It is a natural sugar that is slowly broken down into glucose and fructose by the body, which helps to keep the level of sugar in the blood constant. This is exactly what I need as I tend to faint due to low blood sugar level. I don't get drunk and pass out when I drink, but I do faint due to low blood sugar level... which sadly gets mistaken as a sign of being drunk.


The Lows

Drink it in moderation. It is not a hydration substitute for water. Each can of 28Black (250ml) contains 145 calories and contains 35.5g of sugar. For comparison, a can of coke (335ml) contains 39g of sugar. The difference between 28Black and a soft drink is the energy boost effect.

28Black is priced at S$5 for 2 cans as an introductory promotion price in conjunction with Market Place and Cold Storage’s Mega Anniversary starting 30 September. After their anniversary celebration, the regular price is S$2.95 per can.


For more information, please visit www.28black.com

No comments:

Post a Comment