Sunday, March 27, 2011

Paris Report: Le Jules Verne, Eiffel Tower




I hate queues. I don't care where and what it's for, I just hate to queue. Hence, I didn't go up the Eiffel Tower when I was in Paris in the past. For this trip, I came prepared with a reservation for Alain Ducasse's Le Jules Verne atop the Eiffel Tower, 125 metres above ground to be exact.

My gastronomic and panoramic started at the foot of Eiffel Tower, where a private elevator (without any crazy snaking queue) awaits. We arrived at noon (despite the 12.30pm reservation) and got one of the best tables in the restaurant - a window table! My tip is for you is to arrive early as I suspect they sit you according to the time of arrival.



Breathtaking views from the window table. The best view in Paris!

I was so close to the tower I could see the close-up of the steel structure, nuts and bolts!


Love the impression on the butter. I notice and appreciate small details such as this.


Amuse bouche - Onion mousse with beetroot foam


Starter - Foie gras and black truffle ravioli in full-flavoured poultry broth


Starter - Escalope of duck foie gras cooked in cocotte, baby spinach leaves, pears and grapes


Main - Pan seared beef tournedos and fresh duck foie gras, served in Perigqueux sauce.

Dauphine potatoes served on the side for the beef main


Main - Milk-fed lamb with tiny artichokes and vegetables


Dessert - Dark chocolate cake


I highly recommend this restaurant if it fits your budget. The food is amazing and the service is genuinely warm (none of the French arrogance), not to mention the best view in Paris atop an iconic structure.

For more information and online reservation, please visit www.lejulesverne-paris.com

No comments:

Post a Comment