Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Love H&M


Most people don't know this about me... about my fascination and obsession with H&M. I LOVE H&M! It all started over a decade ago when I used to live in London as a fashion design student. I was exposed to all the amazing high street brands that I could find in London : Topshop, H&M, REISS, Warehouse, FCUK, etc.



H&M is now giving TopShop a run for its money. A decade ago, I didn't think the quality and variety were that great, and I even joked that H&M stands for "hits and misses". Since its pioneering effort in partnering designers to offer affordable designer pieces, it has been high street royalty ever since. Remember the collaborations by Karl Lagerfeld, comme des garcons, Jimmy Choo, Matthew Williamson, Sonia Rykiel?



These days, I get really excited when I visit cities that have H&M stores. I will literally go to all the stores in the city if I can. I last did that in Tokyo, where I went to all three stores... Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Ginza. My shopping tip for you is to visit the store in the morning. It is when it is at its neatest, and you can shop in peace without the maddening crowd. That's what I will be doing in Hong Kong in a week's time!

Here's my edit of what I will be buying (if they are still in store) at H&M Hong Kong... and many more!


I love trench dresses. It's so effortless French chic. I have several but I want another one for my collection!


Never enough white shirts right?


Very Abercrombie, no? The length seems long enough for my long torso. I usually have problems buying shirts as most are too short for me.


This looks like my DSquared shirt. I love the poofy sleeves sleves. You will be surprised to know that H&M offers good shirts.


Very Rachel Zoe! I like these bangles. Perfect for the glamorous 70s trend we will see for Autumn Winter 2010.


Another to-die-for Rachel Zoe type of bracelet. I hope it is still available!


Love this belt. Must have!


I secretly wish that H&M will not come to Singapore, so that what I buy abroad will be more exclusive. Counting down to next week... H&M, wait for me.


Official Site : www.hm.com


No comments:

Post a Comment