Monday, May 10, 2010

The Liberty of Prints




Established in 1875, Liberty was one my weekly must-visit destination when I was a fashion student in London. The wide array of fabrics it offers has provided me with countless inspirations. The exterior and facade might look traditional, but the store actually offer some really edgy designer stuff. I also really like the florist outside its main entrance. Oh, and the great window displays too.


Known for their fabrics, Liberty's has translated its prints into a wide array of merchandise, from bags to clothes, notebooks to home decor. Looking at the beautiful fabrics again made me want to start designing again... to relive my student days of designing and making my own clothes.


Here are some of my favourite fabrics...





Recently, it has collaborated with 10 Corso Como and Fred Perry. Yes, you read correctly. 10 Corso Como, the uber trendy Italian concept store, has created a limited edition capsule collection for Liberty.


I love the shawls and the tote bags... and the bikini. Kinda reminded me of Biba, what do you think?



This is the original logo of BIBA... what do you think?


This is the collaboration with Fred Perry. I honestly didn't see this one coming.... but it worked out well. Only the Brit blokes can carry off the floral prints with such street edge.






The fashionistas over in America got a better deal when Liberty did a collection with Target. I love the ad campaign and the entire range of affordable merchandise! I hope one day it will come to Asia... Maybe Liberty should do a range with Topshop or H&M... (are you big boys listening?)






I really like the bicycle and photo frame...




Official Sites : www.liberty.co.uk and www.target.com

No comments:

Post a Comment